We are an indigenous Pastroralist Maasai group in Naivasha District formerly in Nakuru Kenya.This is a group of marginalized and the colonial rule and later the post independence governments.
The issue of land grabbed by the black farmers after the white farmers is a grave issue.The Maasai are being pushed out of their ancestral land every passing monute. We are nicknamed “Watu wa kuhamahama” in Kiswahili, people who enjoy moving from place to place for grass.But in reality we are forced out by ruling community with the support of the Government.
Animal routes to watering points, mineral lick areas or to markets have been clossed by farmers. They see us as second class citizens.
However for their survival they have committed to develop their areas.
1. Establish health facilities close to the people (on-going).
2. Transformation of Namundia Primary school into boarding school to serve as a rescue centre (on-going)
3. Taking water (clean and safe) to women and children.
4. Advocate for mixed farming by the community for food security.
5. Advocate for cultural reforms to minimize the thinking of FGM, girl’s early marriages and children educationl denial by parents (men)
6. Resurcitate the gone forests close to the community as they sustain the indegenous vegetation and wild life living within the community.
7. We dream to build a peace secondary school since we live in a land clash zone.